SolidEdge can be customized or programmed using SolidEdge VBA (Visual Basic for Applicaitions). VBA is a subset of Visual Basic programming language. You can add your own commands to SolidEdge, which will perform the activities required by you. You can automate the SolidEdge work flow using SolidEdge VBA.
- You can automate each and everything that you do manually in SolidEdge.
- Automatic part model, assembly & drawing generation based on user input.
- Quotation generation based on selected model.
- Spare parts drawing generation automation.
- Integration of SolidEdge with other softwares.
You should be familiar with SolidEdge software & Visual Basic programming.
If you have not done any programming before then learning Visual Basic is recommended. It helps in developing the programming capabilities, specially if you're looking to work on complicated projects. It clarifies your basic programming concepts. It gives knowledge about the building blocks of any program such as variables, decision making, loops, array, functions, file handling, error handling etc. Visual Basic can also be used for other types of software development, which gives an added advantage.