SolidEdge can be customized or programmed using SolidEdge VBA (Visual Basic for Applicaitions). VBA is a subset of Visual Basic programming language. You can add your own commands to SolidEdge, which will perform the activities required by you. You can automate the SolidEdge work flow using SolidEdge VBA.
What can be done using SolidEdge VBA?
- You can automate each and everything that you do manually in SolidEdge.
- Automatic part model, assembly & drawing generation based on user input.
- Quotation generation based on selected model.
- Spare parts drawing generation automation.
- Integration of SolidEdge with other softwares.
Pre-requisites to learn SolidEdge VBA:
You should be familiar with SolidEdge software & Visual Basic programming.
Learning Visual Basic is necessary for programming with SolidEdge VBA?
If you have not done any programming before then learning Visual Basic is recommended. It helps in developing the programming capabilities, specially if you're looking to work on complicated projects such as major applications. It clarifies your basic programming concepts. It give knowledge about the building blocks of any program such as variables, decision making, loops, array, functions, file handling, error handling etc.
Visual Basic can also be used for any other types of software development, which gives an added advantage.
Copyright ©2014 CADDsoft Solutions, all rights reserved